Marketing Blog Post #2

As I always believe, marketing is a persuasive process. As a consumer, I find myself always want to try new things, and many times I will just make a purchase decision when I see the persuasive packages of foods in local super store.

When looking around my house, I find two food packages that I believe use the most persuasive techniques of marketing. The first is called Vaalia kids vanilla yogurt. Since this product targets kids, this package is designed to be attractive to kids with very bright and vivid color. Children are always easily fascinated by the colourful packages and would like to ask their parents to buy anything that makes them look cool and different. Other than this, the package also clearly highlights the selling points of this product. In the front of the package, there is a focus on Omega3 and DHA and kids benefits for “function and concentration”. There is also an outstanding highlight of “packed with goodness” with a simple smiley face, which delivers a happy mood. The information delivered by the package is clear and easy to understand. Its nutritional benefits are stated in an easy and simple tone. For example, instead of just printing the legally required nutrition panel, there is statement such as “Protein for growing bodies” and “Calcium for strong bones and teeth”. In this way, this package not only attracts kids, but also persuades parents who are the purchase decision makers.

The other food package that uses persuasive techniques is a box of Lindt Chocolate. Generally speaking, I think the design of this package is very charming and beautiful. With an impressive red color as the background, the consumers always feel refreshed and cheered up when seeing this box. With the brand name “lindt” printed in art word in the center of the box, there is a fancy picture of melting chocolate surrounding the words which allows the consumers to imagine how smooth the chocolate will be when melted in their mouths. The combination of pictures and art words gives consumers a feeling full of warmness, encouraging them to buy one or two boxes to celebrate their perfect day or give out as gifts

.