Trump Tower in Vancouver

A new 63 storey luxurious hotel and residential tower is being built in Vancouver as of currently.
The Trump Tower (being developed by Holborn Group and TA Global Bhd).
Trump Tower Vancouver

“The New Twist on Luxury” is the motto for this upcoming skyscraper. This upcoming skyscraper boasts hotel and luxury rooms ranging from 644 to 2117 feet and private jet services, chauffeur driven Rolls Royce Ghost models for transportation. This hotel and residential tower is the definition of a luxurious rich lifestyle.
Will it truly benefit Vancouver’s economy?

Benefits to economy:

• More jobs available = more work.
  • Vancouver becomes more internationally known (due to tower).
  • A great landmark for Vancouver.
  • Attracts more tourism = more revenue generated.

However will it truly succeed? Will it be beneficial to the city and bring in more investors?

Hopefully this real estate project will become more of a success compared to the Trump Tower in Toronto.

Milka giving the French some love

Ever had a bar of chocolate that had one piece missing? Well Milka chocolate bars in France have just that! Their new marketing stunt (done by Buzzman Paris) is that the missing piece of chocolate could be asked back by the consumer (to be eaten by him/her) or it could be mailed to another person.

The consumer can attach a short note with it if he chooses to mail the last piece of chocolate to another person. All the consumer has to do is visit Milka’s website and they can choose what to do with their last square! It is quite ingenious isn’t it?

To me this marketing idea went out of the box and is much different compared to the norm. As it said in the youtube video description “To bring life to Milka’s brand promise (dare to be tender), Buzzman decided to use the chocolate bar itself as the main media of the campaign”. This is what made it so different compared to other marketing ideas. It truly does stand out.

Watch this video and you can decide for yourself whether you “Dare to be tender” if you buy their chocolate bars.

Guinness advert that warms the heart

One afternoon I was watching a YouTube video and an advert was playing that did not give me the option to skip it. Since I had nothing to do in the mean time, I decided to watch the advert and see what it had to offer.

A bunch of people were playing wheel chair basketball with a fiery passion that showed their love for the sport. It turned out that only one friend out of the whole group was handicapped, and the rest of the friends were playing wheelchair basketball just for their handicapped friend. And afterwards they all go to the bar to get a pint of Guinness.Watching this advert really made me think of how great true friendship is and there are some people who will go the extra mile just to make their friends feel happy.

Guinness advertised their drink aiming for the hearts of their customers and encouraging brand loyalty. This is definitely a smart marketing stunt because it makes people  think that despite differences or inabilities, individuals are still able to sit down and have a nice beer together. Guinness advertises their product to show that it is widespread and can be enjoyed by anyone.

This advert’s effect on me was that I thought Guinness is a high quality beer that it is meant to be drunk with good company during good times.

Next time I order a beer, count me in for a Guinness.