Guinness advert that warms the heart

One afternoon I was watching a YouTube video and an advert was playing that did not give me the option to skip it. Since I had nothing to do in the mean time, I decided to watch the advert and see what it had to offer.

A bunch of people were playing wheel chair basketball with a fiery passion that showed their love for the sport. It turned out that only one friend out of the whole group was handicapped, and the rest of the friends were playing wheelchair basketball just for their handicapped friend. And afterwards they all go to the bar to get a pint of Guinness.Watching this advert really made me think of how great true friendship is and there are some people who will go the extra mile just to make their friends feel happy.

Guinness advertised their drink aiming for the hearts of their customers and encouraging brand loyalty. This is definitely a smart marketing stunt because it makes people  think that despite differences or inabilities, individuals are still able to sit down and have a nice beer together. Guinness advertises their product to show that it is widespread and can be enjoyed by anyone.

This advert’s effect on me was that I thought Guinness is a high quality beer that it is meant to be drunk with good company during good times.

Next time I order a beer, count me in for a Guinness.