My first Blog about marketing

My name is Sibin Fan, and you can call me James. I come from China.I have been in Vancouver for 2 years. This summer, I came back to china and enjoyed a wonderful summer vacation with my family and friends. I like playing soccer, and my favorite soccer team is AC Milan. Today, I feel very sad because Milan lose the match.

I take Comm 296 for several reasons. Comm 296 is a core course I need to take.  From this course, we can learn different strategies developed by companies. For example, Apple develops customer-oriented strategy, so they get success and they are very successful.  Lenovo owns two brands: Ideapad and Thinkpad, and the price of Ideapad is usually lower than that of Thinkpad. From this course, we can know why Lenovo develops this strategy.  Besides learning from the strategies that have been developed, we also have opportunities to think about new strategies for companies in this course. Marketing affects our daily lives. Not only do companies need to attract new customers’ attention, but also they need to keep their loyal customers.  Take my story as an example, I bought an ipod touch in 2009. I had not been using any Apple’s products before.  However, when I visited an apple store, I was attracted by their products and customer service.  This spring, I visited the store, and purchased an IPAD.  Marketing is also similar to our daily lives. That is, we need to keep the friendship with our friends.

I like airline companies’ ads because their ads portrait attendants with sweet smile, caring attitudes, together with beautiful music, and breathtaking scenes. In addition, most of those ads are customers’ oriented. Here are some links to some airlines’ ads:

(1) Air Canada Commercial           Air Canda commercial    

Customer can be attrated by Air Canada’s service and the beautiful music

(2)Cathay Pacific                          Cathay Pacific commercial        

comfortable seats make passengers feel more comfortable.

(3) Singapore Airlines             Singapore Airlines commercial

In this one minute’s ad, a Singapore Girl travels many countries, including French, USA, India and  China.   The background music is very smooth and beautiful.

From the videos, we can see that those companies emphasize on their passenger service rather than their companies’ power.                 

1 Response to My first Blog about marketing

1. Hi Jame, happy to see you here.
    I love the last TV commercial you shared. I cannot wait to jump onto an airplane and fly back to China this winter.