610 Academy Way

Kelowna, BC  V1V 0E8

August 8, 2022

RJC Engineers

1285 W Broadway #300

Vancouver, BC   V6H 3X8

Dear Hiring Manager,

I am a motivated student passionate about structural engineering and resilient infrastructure. I aspire to find a role with exposure to leading-edge building designs that highlight sustainability, like the Vancouver Center II. Given RJC Engineering’s impressive project history, I would value the opportunity to work alongside your innovative team as a Structural Co-op Student.

My technical skills and self-starting attitude will make me an asset to RJC Engineering. As a Civil-Structural Co-op Student with BBA Consultants, I understand the importance of creating constructible, cost-effective designs to meet rigorous client standards. At BBA, I participate in all areas of project execution, including proposal and estimate preparation, design, report writing, and construction support. I have led projects, under the supervision of an engineer, because of my pragmatic attitude, ability to learn quickly, and technical capabilities. I inspected industrial structures to identify areas of concern and repair recommendations based on serviceability, building codes, and WorkSafe BC regulations. I demonstrated excellent 3D conceptualization while designing a steel catwalk bridge using SAP2000. My success at BBA is evidence of my technical capabilities, willingness to learn, and strong work ethic.

Before studying civil engineering, I worked as a professional cook in fine dining. At Restaurant Montréal Plaza, the menu changed daily, and as Chef de Partie, I had to adapt to last-minute changes. To execute these menu changes, I learnt new techniques quickly, collaborated with my colleagues, and maintained a high attention to detail. My ability to create a plan, delegate tasks to those I supervise, and communicate clearly will contribute to my ability to prioritize and deliver results at RJC.

I am confident that my previous professional experience will allow me to transition smoothly into this position at RJC Engineering. Please see the enclosed application package for a PDF of this letter and an elaboration of my skills. To arrange an interview to discuss my suitability for this position, please contact me at 647-637-6954 or samanthakrieg08@gmail.com. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

Samantha Krieg

Encl. Application Package