Vine vs Blackberry

I came across a very interesting blog page by Chris Brogan. Among his numerous blog posts, I found the one titled Instagram Video and What it Means for Vine the most surprising. Many would think that Instagram, an app having over 130 million users, would wipe out Vine when it introduced its new video function in the summer. However, Vine was able to stay in the game, because people were still using both apps regardless of the functions introduced.  This article was interesting to me, because it reminded me of Blackberry.

The outcome Blackberry faced was completely different from Vine’s. Competitors, Apple and Samsung completely wiped out Blackberry with their products. How could Blackberry lose all their customers and fall into bankruptcy? Failure to follow the newest trends, and changing their strategy definitely contributed to their outcome.  As well, customer loyalty differentiates why Vine is still in the game, while Blackberry isn’t. Maybe the outcome for Blackberry would be different if they differentiated their products faster for a competitive advantage. Blackberry is a reminder for Vine and Instagram. With growing technology and innovation, Vine and Instagram should step it up and introduce new functions before another competitor enters the market.