Ninth Week of the Long Practicum

It is that time where I start to panic. There is so much to do with such little time.

This week has been like a giant to do list. Things are getting done, however, I am scared that I might not achieve what I had planned for myself.

I do not leaving things undone, but, I have no choice. I have to let my SA take over my French unit as it has not been completed. I have been working on the French unit for only two weeks. This is one subject area where I struggled with when teaching. This subject is something I had struggled with in elementary school and high school, thus, I was not confident in teaching.

While teaching I made sure I kept my lesson plans very simple. Each lesson had a similar format, meaning, I made sure their was an oral component, written component and exploration component. We would sing songs, practice writing and matching vocabulary and explore the material in order for the students to make any personal connections.

At times students did not look at happy/engaged about the content. This only decreased my confidence in teaching French. After this experience, I have learned that I need to do more than brush up on my French material. It is going to require some work on my end, however, for my students and their success I feel I need to do this.

Read 1 comment

1. It is difficult to be completely versed in every subject area so it is great that you recognize that you need to do some extra work to manage this part of the curriculum. Teaching is definitely life long learning .