Teresa Liao, innovation enthusiast, Vancouverite foodie, lover of cats

Monthly Archives: November 2012

Re: WAL-MART: The High Cost of Low Price

In the earlier years of my life, I had taken Economics 12. One of the most interesting documentaries that our teacher had shown us was, “WAL-MART: The High Cost of Low Price”, which I highly recommend to watch. The video shows multiple aspects on American WAL-MART, such as worker exploitation, environmental damage, and its massive impact on opening in small cities. It is made in a low-budget form, with an obvious biased standing strictly against the monopoly. Our teacher was clearly completely convinced […]

What is an Entrepreneur

Entrepreneurship is an aspect of business that I have never truly understood, and will keep on trying to figure out. Perhaps it is the versatility of entrepreneurs that makes the concept difficult to grasp, because the images that appear in my mind can vary from Donald Trump’s blonde toupee, to the Monopoly character that looks awfully similar to the Pringles man. My good friend once told me that entrepreneurs are people that earns money by organizing people to make the best […]

Dropbox is Innovative

How to make a great, delicious innovation.  Ingredients: – 1 Great idea, preferrably ripe and applicable to everyday lifestyle  -1 Dash of courage – Technology, to taste I applaud. Dropbox has done this by claiming their spot in the file synchronization industry first. Founder Drew Houston had thought of the idea because he had commonly forgot his USB  at home. Of all the times that I had forgotten my USB, why hadn’t I thought of this idea before Drew Houston? […]