Re: WAL-MART: The High Cost of Low Price

In the earlier years of my life, I had taken Economics 12. One of the most interesting documentaries that our teacher had shown us was, “WAL-MART: The High Cost of Low Price”, which I highly recommend to watch. The video shows multiple aspects on American WAL-MART, such as worker exploitation, environmental damage, and its massive impact on opening in small cities. It is made in a low-budget form, with an obvious biased standing strictly against the monopoly.

Our teacher was clearly completely convinced that WAL-MART is pure evil. The image is still vivid – enthusiastically waving her arms and speaking with such force that her mouth was as dangerous as a garden sprinkler, all regarding responsible actions that companies should undertake.

Although the documentary, like our instructor, makes its argument with the least of grace, it does point out shocking aspects of the company that I never thought would be happening, especially about how such a big company can disregard the environment and nonchalantly deals with company complaints.

You can check out the documentary here.