Where Do You See Yourself in the Next Four Years?

Riding a unicorn to the moon.

Admit it, we have all dreamt about riding unicorns in space at some point in our lives — some did it when they were young, and unfortunately for some of us, we still like to believe that unicorns exist.

College starts in a week, and as much as I would like to say that my goal for the next four years is to look for the elusive unicorn, you and I both know that it’s not true. I do not have a definite plan, (I actually do but I won’t admit it so that if I fail I can pretend that I never really wanted it) for the future, but I do have an idea of where I want to be, and the things that I want to achieve in the next four years.

Wouldn’t it be really fun to jot down the things that I think I want now and come back to this same post four years later and smile at the memory of the hopeful tiny Zeba writing this? I think it would be awesome, which is why I have compiled a list:

• Develop awesome study skills – You know how there are students who just know everything about everything, and it seems like all they have to do is just take a glance at the book? I would trade my hair for that any day!

• Write stories that touch your soul – This may sound really creepy, but I want to touch your soul, give you goose bumps, and leave you wondering..how does she do it? I am going to use this platform to share my stories, and hopefully learn to write very compelling pieces by the time I graduate.

unnamed (20)

• Eat the world – By ‘the world’ I meant cuisines of the world. I live, breathe and fantasize about food. You might be surprised to know that because I am in fact a tiny 5ft rabbit and you would probably wonder ‘Does she even have a stomach?’ when you meet me, but I can actually eat. Just say ‘FREE FOOD’ and you I will do whatever you ask me to.

• Learn how to take photographs like a pro – This is something that I have always wanted to do, but never got around to it. I want to go to places just to capture them in pixels, and wait hours and hours for the sunset to see what it looks like through my lenses.

• Get over some of my fears – Right now, my greatest fear is public speaking. When I graduate, I will give a super amazing motivational speech, there will be 3000 people eagerly listening to me, because I will be legendary and I will tell them about this day when I wrote down all my fears and made a promise to myself that I will get over them.

• Have a personal squad of Joey, Monica, Chandler, Ross, Rachel and Phoebe – Or Ted’s squad from HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER will work just fine. I want to have friends who will do anything for each other, have each other’s back and also occasionally stab each other’s back ( whatever you say, some drama is needed) But at the end of the day, together we will be invincible.

• Travel to Istanbul – with my best friend Salzu, with my own hard earned money.

• Hug a bear and get him pregnant – This is a joke people, laugh.

I think that in a way my goals are quite similar to looking for an unicorn – there is no guarantee that I will be able to achieve them, but I will never know if I don’t try.

Here is to the amazing four years at UBC ahead of us, class of 2019! Cheers.

Where do you see yourself in the next four years? Let me know by commenting below!

About

I am a tiny 18 year old with big dreams, in a big city. I like to eat, and dance in the rain. My goal in life is to make you fall in love with me, through my words.

2 comments on “Where Do You See Yourself in the Next Four Years?
  1. Salzu says:

Keep up the good work!
    I know you will.