Who can participate in this study?
You can participate in this study if…
- 19 year of age or older;
- Within 18 months of the most recent stroke;
- Have a caregiver, friend, or family member available to provide physical support during the assessment sessions
- Own a computer or tablet with a large screen size (at least 10.5”) and internet capabilities of running the video-conferencing platform, Zoom©
- Have an email address
- Hemiparesis of the lower extremity;
- Able to walk 10m without physical assistance;
- Able to tolerate 50 minutes of activity (including rest breaks, as needed);
- Able to provide informed consent.
You cannot participate in this study if…
- Currently receiving in- or outpatient rehabilitation;
- Living in long-term care;
- Severe vision or hearing loss;
- Other neurological conditions, e.g. Parkinson’s disease;
- Presence of significant medical conditions (e.g. severe osteoarthritis), pain or other symptoms that significantly impact lower extremity function; or
- Planned surgery that would preclude or affect participation in the protocol
If you think you are eligible, or if you have any questions about this study, please contact the study coordinator, Sarah Park, at firstname.lastname@example.org.