Blog 8-Everyone wants to work for Google

Which company would be the best place for me to work at after university? Similar questions always appear in undergraduate students mind. According to a video, the survey has shown that working at Google is the top choice for commerce students, one of the top 5 choices for humanities students and even students in health and science want to work at Google.

I picked Lindsey Burke’s blog because I find her blog informative and I like the simple way she used to express her opinions. I totally agree with Lindsey where she thinks that Google’s culture is what makes Google stand out from other competitors. Lindsey also mentioned that Google offers “out-of-the-box” benefits to their employees in different areas such as covering employees’ insurance, reimburse employees’ degree program, providing convenient medical service, etc.

Organizational culture was discussed by the professor in pervious lecture (class 19), which can directly link to why everyone wants to work for Google. A company having an organization culture will help to develop a strong and close relationship between employers and employees. Employees will be willing to stay at a company where they enjoy working.

The organizational culture at Google is unique and a smart idea compare with other companies and this makes Google an attractive and fun place to work for. I think that is the key reason why everyone wants to work for Google.

google_game_room-300x173

Image taken from here