Welcome!

My name is Hannah Langille and I am a new teacher to Tyee Elementary School.  I am so excited to have joined such a supportive and collaborative learning community!

I am committed to using this blog platform as a way to communicate our weekly learning journey in Division 5.  Parents and students please check the blog if you are unsure of what the week ahead holds.

A little bit about me…

I grew up in Fredericton, New Brunswick and was in the French immersion program during my time in public school.  I graduated from the University of New Brunswick with a Bachelor of Science in Marine and Plant Biology.  I learned how to ski when I was very young and grew up ski racing in Atlantic Canada and so, after graduation I moved to Revelstoke, BC for its mountains and lived with a family as their live-in nanny.  I enjoyed Revelstoke, its mountains and the community so much I decided to stay for three more years!  I coached ski racing at Revelstoke Mountain Resort and worked for Community Connections Revelstoke Society as a Residential Care Worker.  I worked with developmentally disabled adults and elderly people and facilitated their home life as well as their involvement in the Revelstoke community.  I moved from Revelstoke, BC to Vancouver with my partner so both of us could go back to school.  I did my Bachelor of Education specializing in Montessori education at the University of British Columbia.

I enjoy riding my bicycle to school, skiing, yoga, knitting, making and eating ice cream, curling up on my couch and reading, and sometimes being silly!

If you would like to learn more about me and my learning journey please visit my professional blog:

https://blogs.ubc.ca/mslangille/

3 Thoughts.