Meetings

Winter Term 2017

Time: Fridays 5-8pm

Location:  We move from room to room on the second floor of the Nest.  Check out the picture below to know where to find us.

10 thoughts on “Meetings

1. Hey!
    II would like to come and to play some chess. How can I find you? I see it is UBC club but do you have an exact adress?
    I am 21, I used to practise chess 5 years ago quite seriously and now I want just enjoy the game.
    Thank you in advance!

• We do not have an fixed location for the club.
      We usually book a room in the Student Union Building (SUB) for meetings
      You can drop in at anytime to join.

2. Hi, I would like to know your meeting schedule and location after September 2013. My son, Henry, he is 12 years old and he loves chess very much. Hope he can join with you guys.

Thanks,
    Joanna

3. Hi, when do you guys meet? I went to room SUB room 215 today (Friday) and you guys weren’t there. I went at around 4:30. Also, I know the rules of chess but I’m new and I’m really bad. Do I need to be good at chess to join?

• We had no meeting today, we are having meeting next week though as posted on the blog
      As we are a club and not a team, we welcome players in all levels.
      Looking forward to see you.

• Hi Miayan,

During the Summer, we only have informal meetings on Fridays starting at 5pm in the basement of Irving K Barber. We simply grab a room there and play a few hours before going to get food at the UBC Village. You can usually catch us at Irving until 7-8pm.