Valerie Li

Come Follow My Journey

The Real American Dream

without comments

“I feel like my life has been a series of miracles,”

“I was in every sense a lost cause.”

The typical American dream we watch in movies, the poor girl living in a broken family. With her parents being hard drug addicts and every month waiting for the welfare cheque. And in these movies, there will always be a special person, who sees the potential in this girl and help her turn her life around.

Does that happen in real life?

Well …. yes! Liz Murray, living the American dream. Everything described above, she went through. But when she was 16, she mother passed away tragically. But that was what triggered something inside of her to turn her life around. No one except herself saw her ability.

She was able to put herself through school and graduate with flying colours, and beat out thousands of applicants to win a $12,000 New York Times scholarship and got into Harvard.

She has become so successful with her life, and is so amazing how she completely turned her life around. She has discovered how important education is. She has started her life over and all because she put herself through education. She has found the value of life through education.

“I’ve learned in my life that you really don’t know what’s possible until you’re already doing it” — Liz Murray

Written by Valerie Li

December 2nd, 2010 at 12:26 am

Posted in Uncategorized