Blackberry vs. iPhone

Comparison of the major competitors in the smartphone war

Blackberry and iPhone are head-to-head competitors in the mobile device network. According to The Globe and Mail article users state their preference over the smart-phone war. Founder and CEO of 1-800-GOT-JUNK?, Brian Scudamore, is dedicated to his iPhone, “I FaceTime when I am on business trips and away from family, and my iPhone also helps me remain paperless.” After discussing value proposition in class it’s important that the iPhone has features that will provide customers personal conversation with other customers afterwards. Lauren Friese is a Blackberry supporter and founder of TalentEgg.ca. Blackberry allows Lauren to use her e-mail via Google Apps for Business and to sync documents through Dropbox. Lauren says, “My Blackerberry is good at what it does, which is to help me stay connected to work and life no matter where I am.”  Blackberry’s target market caters to the working class who need easy access to email and work, as well as users who desire the distinct BBM feature. Brand positioning for both iPhone and Blackberry is clear in the consumer’s mind. Blackberry’s points of differences include BBM, direct email, and a full keyboard; whereas, iPhone includes a complete web browser, a network of apps, and FaceTime.

Word Count: 199

1 thought on “Blackberry vs. iPhone