Marketing!?

Its so prettty… but is it functional?

March 6th, 2011 · No Comments

I’ve come across Roosa’s blog recently regarding packaging and found it interesting that she has a very similar take on it as I do.  First and foremost, we’re both really lazy consumers so her, quite like me, don’t spend much time comparing products.

I moved here from Vienna not too long ago, so the way products caught my firm-time-buyers eye’s was through the help of packaging. Similarly to Roosa, I decided to choose my product based on their looks hoping that it would promise me exactly what they look like they would. So far, some have held up to their looks while others haven’t, and naturally, I stuck with the ones that I found value in.

Besides the beauty aspect of things, functionality is a huge deal to me. Even though it might be cool and different, I don’t appreciate anything too complicated looking. If I find that it might take me longer to get this product to do its purpose due to its packaging, I will move on to another, more simple looking product. In the end, the point of the packaging is to attract the consumer enough to get them, or in this case me, to buy the product, and not scare them off.

BANANASSSSSS

Tags: Uncategorized

0 responses so far ↓

• There are no comments yet...Kick things off by filling out the form below.