Green tea as heat

by rebecca ~ April 26th, 2005. Filed under: Ordinary Miracles.

cuppa_green_tea.jpg

When I came into my office this morning the heat wasn’t on, so first thing I did was boil some water for green tea.

Now I am typing these words with icy hands and my jacket zipped up, waiting for some idea of warmth. Kauai. Tahiti. Palau. Fiji. Tobago. Cuba. Fortaleza. Mali. Asahikawa?

The lack of central heating in Japan seems worse at the beginning and end of winter because that’s when the officials don’t know how to handle fickle weather. Hands now blueish white….From April it’s officially spring, and all secondary students must wear spring uniforms. Will the heaters also be ‘officially’ turned off, regardless of actual temperature? Wild glancing into tea pot….Oh, yes!

Excuse me, the tea has turned that lovely, beckoning chartreuse, the color of absinthe….I never have drunk the real absinthe (made of wormwood per my friend Renee,;-))…wasn’t that the drink that drove Van Gogh to a dark corner to slice at his ear? I recall reading somewhere this liqueur was banned nowadays….one of those things I could find out if I perused the Internet no doubt. Anyway, if a cup of absinthe provided me with a bit of warmth this morning, I’d give it an honest sip, ear be damned.

1 Response to Green tea as heat

1.   moniebird

Could you please write and tell me how to pronounce “kigurumix” properly? It’s a little toy my boss brought for me…