Working It

by rebecca ~ November 14th, 2006. Filed under: Do the right thing.

crane.bmp

A hiatus from blogging occurred, due to unstoppable flows of forms, databases, and meetings and greetings and fare-thee-wells. My son has finally been seen and checked and officially diagnosed, and now, maybe now, people will start to help him to grow into his full bloom. I still have a gazillion other forms to fill out and places to visit because I won’t ever give up finding him the best help out there in the wild, wild blue.

I took yesterday off to spend time with my husband’s mother, who stopped in for a few from Detroit, and it was a comfortable relief to lounge about, drinking coffee, tussling with my son, reading sustainable home building magazines, and chit-chatting while the western capitalist world click-clacked along without me….

Now back into the frenetic spiral, with a tinge of a headache, but I remain hopeful curious enough about life to search for more to explore and to learn. As the owner of the local coffee shop down the street says (and she is a great poet): “My father always said a kick in the ass is still a step forward.” I feel I have received a series of kicks in the last few months in this move from Japan to Minnesota, and I realize this morning that I have progressed toward my goal of helping my son. I have, at least, stepped almost 7,000 miles ahead.