Butterfly wing and bath bombs

by rebecca ~ June 30th, 2009. Filed under: Ordinary Muse, Respite.

Well, well, well I am derelict in my blogging duties–I suppose the three month hiatus destroyed my momentum. I used to roll down hills with gusto, and now it takes me a while to talk myself into grass stains and burrs. This is a metaphor, obviously.

I am on a mental holiday (does this mean sanity is not needed) this week–and I spent it thus far tackling all the stupid, horrible bureaucratic tasks I had piled up in papers all over my home. The primary one: renewing my son’s support grant. Very dull excel file resulted. I would rather languish near rabid cats with open sores around their eyes than be an accountant.

Other dull tasks: two passports to get renewed (how sad I let these expire–in fact, I am shocked with myself!–it shows how my basic nomadic nature must be submerged in midwestern algae due to our three-year self-inflicted travel ban).

Then, gasp, did I mention the exciting goal of painting our kitchen in “butterfly wing”? Wonderous days ahead, folks. It feels damn good to not be sitting in my plastic office chair. It feels damn good to be undertaking tasks that I choose, even if they are dull–at least I can be barefoot and nibbling on a fake BLT, should it be a V (vegan) LT or a S (soy) LT?

My son went to community crafts and made “bath bombs” which apparently explode once in water and send out pleasant fumes. I am a little hesitant to drop these things into the bathtub–whoever named them should be ticketed for offensive terminology. I will dutifully report the results post-dropping. Pray for peace.