Posted by: | 14th Jun, 2009

Unboxing

Perhaps one of the most exciting part of getting a new piece of electronic is the unboxing of the item itself. Veritable technology review sites such as CNet and Engadget have been harnessing this…um…euphoria in the form of videos and photo galleries detailing every step of unboxing for the masses to vicariously enjoy.

In the past few weeks, my 5-year old Dell laptop has been dropping heavy hints that it wishes to retire. What began as intermittent jams turned into regular blue screens of death and immense overheating.  After half a decade of service, my laptop wishes to end the grueling daily routine of being the laptop of a college student, and spend its remaining days roaming free in an open field chasing flying windows; though if it was a field dedicated to broken Dell laptops, it must be pretty crowded.

Nevertheless, I decided to switch to a Mac. User-friendly interface, no threats of viruses, and the endorsement by a friend who had been a die-hard PC until he switched to a Macbook Pro made it an easy decision for me. While I’m a huge fan of John Hodgman’s writing, those Mac vs. PC commercials convincingly showed me that being a PC is definitely not the way to go. So, I got a new mac, and below are the unboxing pics!

photo-1

Shipment Box

photo-2

Box opened

photo-3

The Mac case opened!!

photo-4

Gasp! There's the Mac!

photo-5

the mac and accessories

photo-6

the plastic casing of the mac opened

photo-7

ports....

photo-8

some kind of monitor protector

photo-9

Mac loading up

photo-10

the welcome screen

Responses

“Die-hard PC”? Partially true. I admit stealing glances of admiration and wonder at the hipsters in cafes that were tapping away on their sleek white Macs.

lol. Awesome. I love the step-by-step pictures 😛

So, how do you like it compared to a PC?

hey tysune, having been a habitual PC user all my life, it has been quite a transition to using a Mac. The keys of the keyboard are more spaced apart on the mac, and it feels quite weird at the beginning.

Perhaps the hardest adjustment is word processing….I’m so used to using “home”, and “end” keys, and all sorts of keyboard shortcuts to get superscripts, etc., and I have to relearn everything for the Mac :p

Hey Ryan, LOL, yes, I forgot to mention that the “cool-factor” when used at Starbucks was a major influence in my decision!

Congrats! Shiny, new laptop and non-pc.

We need a user-experience review one of these days.

Thanks, Eastwood! Haha, funny you mentioned shiny because the ultra-glossy screen has been something I am adjusting to.

I came across an article today about a research that says glossy screen is bad for your health. I’m not discouraged or anything though….

http://www.i4u.com/article25382.html

Ha — awkward postures. I like that one.

Washroom Waterproofing Contractors in Bangalore – Water spillage in the restroom is frequently introduced to sogginess, failure to waterproof it could incite difficult issues. Common development happens to washroom development materials. Since the materials are made of earth and tiles, they could augment in size, affecting the social events and making the tiles move.
A washroom would in like manner rapidly change its temperature, hot and cold showers could play on the temperature inside minutes. This could moreover trigger pressure and augmentation in tiles.

For More information :- metrowaterproofingsolution.com

Leave a response

Your response: