Re: The Advertising War Between Pepsi and Coca

A blog writes the competition between  pepsi and coke caught my attention when I browsing through the blog of xinyue li‘s blog.

She thinks it is a negative comparative advertising that two companies have been using manipulation and comparison advertising in recent television commercials in order to draw attention from a competitor’s brand to their own. She also think that PepsiCo commercial clearly overshadows Coca-Cola’s popularity in children in that commercial, giving it a connotation by letting the boy walked away without the coca cola.

Company competition is quite general in intense society. However, the war between pepsi and coca is especially well-known. I saw this advertisement video mentioned in her blog several weeks ago in class. Instead of feeling fierce and unethical atmosphere, I experience the power of creativity.

Undoubtedly, it is impolite  to disparage competitors, but they also become cooperators through method. From my own point, I don’t think it reference to ethical problem. For one thing, they doesn’t  involve in being illegal, for another, the interesting competition  between them not only promotes their brand names to some extent, which she mentioned at last but also increase their productivity. It’s a win-win strategy behind their competition.