KFC vs McDonald’s in China

I find an external blog which talks about a very interested topic––KFC vs McDonald’s in China. I have never think about the comparison between these two fast-food restaurant and this blog really attract me.

As the author of the blog indicates, KFC seems to have won the bout of being preferred fast food chain in China with more than 2100 outlets in around 450 cities and towns across China. And the reason is very simple, KFC understands and cateres to the Chinese people far better.

Through my own experiences, KFC often adapt their whole product range to meet Chinese needs but more importantly their local needs. Province to province, and this gave KFC the edge over its rival as McDonald’s stuck firmly with its Western style. For example, many friends of mine likes Preserved Sichuan Pickle in KFC rather than fried chicken wings in McDonald’s. And the author of this blog also mentions that KFC has more of a Chinese based menu to serve the people. It is clear that this is the most important reason why KFC can develop much better than McDonald’s in China.

the external blog:

http://blog.ub.ac.id/karinaadhitia/2012/04/06/27/