Comment:iPhone 5c could spell troubles for Apple.

The blog linked indicates that iPhone 5c could spell trouble for Apple. The author clearly demonstrate two reasons why iPhone 5c meet temporary failure. And I totally agree with these two reasons that the biggest difference between 5c and 5 only is the color which will not really influence most people’s choice while 5s improve the functions but the price of it only 100 dollars higher than that of 5c.

In addition, in my opinion, there is another reason why iPhone 5c cannot sell as well as 5s. Apple seems to have lost sight of one of the big reasons people go crazy for its products: iPhones make buyers feel “superior,” and allow them to flaunt the latest and greatest gadgets for all to see. That is to say, because iPhone 5c does not make anyone  jealous while iPhone 5s does, people are more willing to but 5s rather than 5c.

As author mentions, the best way to increase the sale of iPhone 5c is to decrease the price of it to increase the gap between 5s and 5c meanwhile 5c and 5. But it is not easy before the next product published. But it is not deniable one of the reasons why iPhone 5s can sell so great is the publish and comparison of 5c.

The link of the blog I comment:

https://blogs.ubc.ca/richardchen/2013/10/07/apple-is-stuck-in-the-middle/