Reivew: Zuckerberg’s dream: Internet for all those in the world without access

Review 

Ziyue Han (Dennie) has shared many meaningful ideas, but I cannot agree with her on some issues. In her blog, she wrote Zuckerberg had taken her social responsibilities and tried to help the people in the third world. In my opinion, the Internet cannot save the people in the Africa and Zuckerberg is not a social entrepreneur.

To start with, let me assume Zuckerberg does have that kind of dream for a social reason(Actually, I think he just wants to expand market), but I have to say if he really wants to save people in the third world by using the Internet, he is too stupid. First, if a person do not have water to drink and food to eat, will he or she care about the Internet. He will not. Compared with basic need to survive, the Internet is nothing. Second, if people have an access to the Internet, will the Internet help he or her learn more about health problems, such as diarrhea and malaria. Probably not. Because if he can surf on the Internet, he must have basic wealth to support him to use the Internet which means he can cure him just by going to hospital. As a result, he does not need that kind of knowledge.

As far as I am concerned, social entrepreneur is one of the most difficult jobs to do in the world because he has to take care of his business and the public interest at the same time. It is not an evil thing to not be a social entrepreneur, but pretending to be is evil.