Overpricing Wi-Fi For Such a “Yeah we’re doing you good” Reason?

The reason why Marriott Hotel is not in people’s wish list

———–From Zhenzhen Wang’s post

This is ridiculous! I was looking through other’s blogs about how people were making “fancy” decisions for a reason such as giving its employees any length holidays and such (I do admit I didn’t check out many) to simply be different, to reposition itself and gain attention maybe (just like Tesla, Southwest airlines and Blackberry) but this one makes absolutely no sense to me. You could’ve just used the usual BS saying you wanted to drag people out from drowning and getting addicted to their devices and social networks! So what’s this “Yeah you could be hacked man, we’re doing you good” and I have to pay up to 1000 bucks to appreciate your nice thoughts all about? I do understand the threats and hazards behind public wireless, but how come consumers are getting charged 3 times the price of the room per night. This is absolutely absurd.

Actually, giving this a second thought, is this a real life example of a company failing to be different or to attract public awareness? Or is it a example of how you should take proper care of your stakeholders and if you don’t you get fined… I find this post particularly interesting and I wonder what the original blogger was thinking when posting this.

Ps: I’m actually quite amazed by how many people actually went to this hotel and accepted to pay the incredibly overpriced wifi fee to make this news so big and actually getting them fined for it. They must be very persistent and steadfast for getting something out of their payment.