I have selected our school district’s Aboriginal Education Enhancement Agreement as a resource because it informs educators in our district – keeping at the forefront our “why”.
As the Agreement states:
“It is the expectation of this Agreement that the following partners will work together for the benefit and success of our Aboriginal students:
- Máthexwi, Kwantlen, Katzie First Nations
- Waceya (M̀etis Nation)
- Lower Fraser Valley Aboriginal Society(Urban Aboriginal Community)
- Xyolhemeylh (Fraser Valley Aboriginal Children& Family Services Society)
- Cultural Presenters
- ya:əstə “Working Together” (Aboriginal Advisory board)
- School District #35 (Langley)
- Lexwey (Aboriginal Support Workers)
- Ministry of Education
The goal to promote the success of all aboriginal students in our schools by surrounding our students with community.
Dr. Vincent Slogan, a Musqueam Elder and his teaching “Hands Back and Hands Forward” inspired the logo design and continues to inspire powerful conversations in our district.