An Isotope of Advertising.

Plain. Simple. Marketing.

An Isotope of Advertising. header image 2

January 26th, 2011 by aaeranpurwala

Before we start off, it is necessary for me to define my sly concoction of the words: Bad and Advertising.  It surprises me how this word hasn’t yet been coined given the clear meaning and, my favorite: the ring it has to it.  By bad, I intend to refer at unsuccessful advertising, or what is opinionated as unsuccessful advertising.

Now advertisements are multi faceted, most try to kill two birds with one stone by making ads that not only appeal to the cognitive segment but posses a charm that solidifies either the brand or the product in the memory of their target audience. The charm is best disguised as humor, so research suggests. But there are the other times where some advertisements try to kill too many birds with one stone. Pardon the extension of the metaphor, but they manage to pulverize one and as a result completely offshoot the other one.

That is what I mean by Badvertising. Effective in the sense that it makes a strong point. The facts are flowing but the factor (of appeal) is not.  When there is a slight mis-balance in the fact to factor ratio, one tends to make up for the other but when things go wrong, they soon turn from the good, then to the bad and land up finally being – The Ugly ( all this digression despite solidly enforced facts ).

All these metaphors and all the ambiguous references made in the above three paragraphs are my prelude to the analysis of a very strong advertising campaign. By strong I mean Rhinoceros strong.

If your considering the fact that, me not giving out explicit references to what campaign I am talking about, is Badvertising. Think again.  I am just following good advice and the age of policy of “divide and rule” only this time I am battling the ‘word count’.

Tags: No Comments

Leave A Comment

0 responses so far ↓

• There are no comments yet...Kick things off by filling out the form below.