Date: March 1, 2018
Time: 5:00 PM
Place: Trail Room
Members Present: Erin Flynn, Lisa Zhu, Lara Maestro, Rachel McRory, Maddy Walter
Last Meeting: February 5, 2018
Minutes Approved: Yes
Discussion of Executive Positions
- Rachel McRory is taking on the role of Webmaster and will be acting Secretary unless other members express interest in the role of Secretary.
- Webmaster and Co-Chairs officially all have blog access.
- “A Wrinkle in Time” comes out next week – possible extracurricular activity
- Idea of papermaking might be used for the term’s wrapup event
- More information is needed about how this would work, what supplies/space are necessary, whether it is feasible to plan for the end of term. Erin will look into this.
- Suggestion of themed trivia night as alternate year-end activity.
- Interest in doing more with the resources that are available to/received by the ALA club email: want to pass more information about the ALA as an organization along to ALA club members.
- Interest in hosting an event or a skype session with people from the greater ALA community or people working in the profession.
- This is for the distant future, maybe an event we could try to plan for the start of the September term.
- Lara updated the Executive information for ALA at UBC
- Also noted that scholarships are due by March 15 for the JCLC conference: Lara will forward the information to ALA club members.
- Plan to schedule the next meeting in conjunction with the end-of-term event on Thursday of the last week of classes.