Day 9

Salut!

In continuation of this positivity challenge of mine, I am finally updating. This challenge would likely be better if I updated in realtime. However, with the constraints of my obviously busy schedule, I may continue to fall short. Jokes.

Day 9.

On this day, I attended class. That action in itself is great because I find it difficult for me to show up to classes here. My lack of motivation here is slightly concerning as this is definitely not a problem for me back at home. After my British Literature class on The Winter’s Tale, I participated in a friend’s atelier and met new people. It is always a great day when meeting new people. One of them was this french boy who is studying economics. I believe he comes from a town close to Paris. I forget his name but it was interesting, the way he talked about the mayor of his city as the mayor resembles Trump. There is always talk of Trump around here (and probably everywhere) and so this guy told us how their new mayor distributes racist propaganda around the city. These flyers would present anti-immigration sentiments and phrases and awful words. I wish I could remember the name of the city to show an example. Maybe in another blog post I will have found it. On a lighter note, this econ major also talked about the most amazing falafel restaurant called YAAFA. It stands for “You Are A Falafel Addict”. It truly does make one a falafel addict as their recipe for falafels is satisfying. Our bond over delicious food made day 9 a cloud 9 day.

It is 4:44 PM.

À la prochaine!