The Layers of Accounting

I have enjoyed my time in Comm 101 thus far. The lectures are structured so that they are always engaging. Because of the nature of the class, and given the fact that we are operating on a fairly limited schedule, concepts may appear difficult. I wanted to find a way to help reinforce the difficult things learned in class like certain accounting concepts. Accounting Onion is a blog which has served as a huge benefit. Posting on a weekly basis, this blog allows me to further my understanding and knowledge of concepts that have been touched on during the lecture. The Blog does a good job of applying concepts such as financial reporting, revenues, and accounting standards and applying them to real life scenarios. This allows a prospective accounting student such as me the ability to relate what is being taught to us through issues that are prominent within the world we live in. I feel that next to real life experience, this is one of the best ways to fully understand a concept Being that the blog is maintained by a proven industry professional (Thomas I. Selling PhD, CPA), it is safe to say that the information is both credible and relevant.