Through the Days of Marketing — A Reflection

So… this is it. To be honest, when Tamar told us that we were going to be writing blogs about the material we learned in class at the beginning of the semester, I was a little confused. “You mean, we have to actually find real life examples and apply stuff???” I thought. But to my surprise I had no difficulty in finding interesting material online about the things we were talking about in class, and I have to say that it was a very enjoyable experience.

During lectures when we were talking about some sort of marketing model or theory I always had an example in my mind from a store I had recently visited, or read about and for me that was the best part of the course. It made understanding the material a lot better and with that example, everything just kind of made sense (when I know that I would have been totally confused without it!). I feel like the blogs were a way of expressing what you had thought in class if maybe you didn’t want to speak up in class or if there wasn’t enough time to share your example. It was just really great know that you understand the material, but not only that, you understand it well enough that you can actually see it in your day-to-day life.

This course was a blast and I am so sad that it is coming to an end! :'( But at least now every time I go shopping everything I see will remind me of all these theories we’ve gone over… and I am not sure it that is good or bad. haha.