Skip navigation

The web folio assignment is an eye-opening project that allows me to see what I have learned in this course. Having all the best works, reflections, and pertinent job application resources in one location really showcases the effort put into the course over the semester and it’s motivating to the progress of writing style. Reviewing the old assignments and updating them to have You-Attitude shows what I learned and how my writing style improved. Although my writing may have been at a good level, it has dramatically improved in just three months later. I recognize that there remains many areas of improvements to be made. In the future, I will be sure to continuously improve my skills!

When designing the web folio, I put a special emphasis on ease of navigation. For this reason I included detailed breakdowns of each page, easily accessible pages located at the top of each page, and plenty of descriptions of each element. I would not want a potential employer to become frustrated with a potentially faulty interface. A webpage that is intuitive and informative shows potential readers that I care for the visitors on the webpage and value their time. The most important part of the web folio is how it is intended to help students gain meaningful employment. Too often universities gloss over how students are supposed to be learning useful life skills for progressing careers and I greatly value this aspect of the course. The assignments in unit four have made me realize the processes and effort required in job hunting, and how continuous self and peer review can be pertinent to the success of resumes, cover letters and personal letters in the professional field.

Lastly, my favorite aspect of the web folio is how it is personalized. I added an additional page that showcases a couple of personal writing and art that I have completed, which showcases my individuality. This shows potential employers that I am a person beyond my status as a professional, and opens up avenues to create genuine connections where otherwise, connections may not have existed.  I know that it is a great personal detail to include that adds considerable value for parties interested in hiring me.