Cover Video Short Essay

-shuwei

Girls Generation has come out for ten years, so they have many music videos and stages, which contains different styles of K-pop. We chose the newest music video named ‘lil’ touch’ to do our cover video because the number of the group member in the video matches the number of our member who can show up in the cover.

Every member of our group takes a different part of the video, and we did what we good at to contribute. Every each of us has our own strengths and we help with each other’s weakness. For example, I have learned the dance before and taught them every part of it, and Tong is responsible for videoing. I also learned that cooperation is very important from the process of covering because each of us did the preparation and be familiar with the lyric before we meet and take the video. In addition, as a group doing dance together, we need to look out for each other in order to make the right formation. I also notice that every member of Girls Generation has four different outfits, hairstyles, and accessories in the video. When they change the scene, they change their outfits, and different scenes change quickly. That is one of the key features of K-pop music video, which is a delicate music video. Furthermore, I also find that one or two dancing movement in ‘lil’ touch’ is impressive and easy for everyone to imitate. When I watch the MV at the first time, I can remember that dancing movement. I learn that almost every dance in K-pop MV has one or two impressive movements and then this MV can be spread boarder and quicker.