Ping

By covering the video, I was inspired by the staff behind K-pop idols such as choreographers, stylists and directors. I saw they had put lots of efforts, offered great ideas that are cool and creative. It shows me behind a K-pop group or artist success, there needs a group of people that are working together in order to achieve it. On the other side, while I prepared for the cover video shoot, I realized that the idols themselves had practiced a lot in order to create a great music video, they need to have good facial expression, body language and dance moves in each scene. It also takes time to get comfort with the camera and know which angle you look the best. However, although the moves look complicated, when you practice and get used to it, it is not that complex, and I found out K-pop music had use repeat moves to reinforce the audiences’ impression. For example, they would repeat the lyrics to make you remember it.

While covering the dance, for the choreography, each of us had our dancing position, we all followed one of the member in the girl’s generation group and change our formation during the dance. I noticed the outfit and hairstyle had changed a lot in the video to keep the audience with the feeling of freshness. Further, having each member in the group having distinct hair color; hairstyle and clothes shows a particular image and personality. I can see that how K-pop is influencing fans’ perception of fashion and taste of music styles. Fans are likely to dress more like their idols as they consider it trendy, and study Korean in order to understand more about their favorite group or artist.