Cover vedio short essay by Jiahe Zhen

In the experience of making this cover video, I get a chance to understand K-pop music videos from the perspectives of idols and producers.

Lil touch, the music video we imitated, is a song from girls’ generation’s latest album. The content of the mv is quite attractive, with skilled singing and dancing, delicate styling and affluent scene changes. It is not an easy job to take so many things into consideration as non-professionals. I learned how fast the movements in the dance are and how exhausting it is to rehearsal again and again. This also suggests that idols must have spent lots of time practicing singing and dancing before finally they are able to give perfect performance to audiences. When we start to brainstorm everything, I realized that how difficult it can be for producers to come up with creative and remarkable scenarios to compete in such a flourishing industry. I can also imagine that for real producers, they have even more aspects to preconceive before actions, such as artists’ availability, property, recording facilities, assistants and even budget. This is a complex but usually overlooked process. Thanks to the significant contributions made by these behind-the-scene staff, K-pop can develop at tremendous speed and acquire so many fandoms worldwide.

Although limited by resources, we try our best to use a lot of scenes in campus to match the ones appears in the original mv. And I can see the strong willingness and great efforts by group members to do a good job saluting to this iconic girls’ group. Making this cover video is an interesting and impressive experience as we managed to complete our music video with so limited equipments and understood K-pop practitioners’ work better.