Cover video short essay

Wenhui

After filming the cover video ’Lil’ touch’, being proud of my group is my major thought. Most of us have no performance experience, but each of us tried our best. And also, through the filming process, I have learned more about how group idols MV highlight uniqueness from the dancer perspective.

I have noticed the filming technique was very important when dealing with this problem. SNSD is a idol group, thus if the MV was all about group dance, it would lack of personal uniqueness. Some fans who only love one of the group member would be disappointed by cannot see their idol’s face clearly. Thus, the director used personal scenes interspersed through the group dance in order to increase the uniqueness. These personal scenes provided us a lot of fun during our film process——watch our group members did such fascinating actions which I have never seen in front of camera. But after watching edited video, I found it was very important to make audience impressed by each member. Another possible solution to deal with the personal uniqueness in the MV might be the dance position. In total of 4 dance scenes, each scene has different member standing at the centre position. I have noticed in order to do so. it created a harmony and uniformity in the video beside uniqueness.

I appreciated this experience, it gave me the insight of how idols produce MV and also a great memory with my group members. I have also learnt that producing MV and gave thought to all perspectives was never a easy thing.