psychology & branding

Came across an interesting blog on Branding Strategy Insider where the author commented on the effect of the human unconscious contributing to human behaviour drivers.

I find this blog particularly intriguing because it is true and happens all the time around us. If it was 30 degrees outside and I came across a McFlurry advertisement, it would be more than likely that I will have one in my hands sooner or later. In fact, any refreshment advertisement will look appealing.

Like the author said, “Successful brands utilize symbolism, the personification of the archetype, to tap into the human emotions that lay buried deep within the collective unconscious and evoke an associated behaviour.” We all can name a few brands that are well-known by practically everyone. According to the article, there is a reason why we can name them immediately without running it through our heads. Their archetype, their original message to consumers, was well delivered and we perceive them as the brand to go after for a specific product or service.

Like the website’s name, this blog is created by various “guest authors” and they each share their insight on how branding is related to various fields. It is a good website to occasionally visit and see the concepts learned demonstrated through actual examples.