leftover stress

Posted by: | December 19, 2011 | Leave a Comment

Wrote my second last exam, which went splendidly. It was one of those exams during which I felt like I might really have photogenic memory, and I regurgitated everything I learned the past couple months about psychiatric assessments. I’m so glad that this course (Clinical Psychology) actually allows us to write short essay questions on our exams. Like my professor said, it really would be an insult to make fourth year undergraduate students write multiple choice exams. Alas there are not that many fourth year seminar type classes for psychology students at UBC, so we are still stuck doing three or four courses of 300-level psychology classes (all of which are assessed by multiple choice exams).

There was no heat in our exam room, which added to the annoyance of having an 8:30am exam on a Monday morning, all of which would have annoyed me way more if I had woken up to a jarring alarm and found out I had no coffee left– good thing that was not the case. I got up quite naturally according to my crazy biological clock who decided 4:30am was a great time to wake up consider I had gone to bed before 10pm last night. I really hate it when my body does that because the early am always seems to be more boring that late pm. As if procrastination was easier to justify during the 1-3am late night than the 5-8am early morning. I’m not sure why that is.

Then I walked out of that cold exam room with what was left of my chilled coffee, to our campus bookstore where I spent some time browsing around for collegiate shirts and branded sweatpants (purchase of which would have been easily justified by the fact that I am entering my last semester come 2012). Walked a full circle around the bookstore, then thought to pick up some GRE practice workbooks and a basic French workbook sitting right next to it (why not), and suddenly I was in the textbooks section of the store. I realized the booklists were all updated, so I picked up my Chinese workbook for next term too. It hit me then: I have three more courses to go (four, if including the one that continues on from this term), and then I’m finished with my B.A. Psychology!!!!!

I better not find out next term that I have to take a few extra courses or something, and cannot graduate until November. Which would suck because there would go another term of tuition and book fees, and I wouldn’t be able to start on my B.Ed in September after all. I promise myself I will take a breather as soon as I get certified as a teacher. (During that break, I might be tempted to look up Masters programs, just for fun…..)

Sometimes I think I have a problem, because I am just so freaking keen. Justification: it’s supposed to get me somewhere.

I  need a nap.

One more exam, but that’s just English and really not worth fussing over.

Comments

Name (required)

Email (required)

Website

Speak your mind