reliability

Posted by: | January 3, 2012 | Leave a Comment

It always strikes me funny that my father brings up people who were part of my childhood, and asks me how they are doing as if they are all still in my life. Even though I have amazing people in my life who have been there every step of my degree, my parents still remember the kids I grew up with in elementary school better than the names of those important people in my life now. I am not sure why. Perhaps it is because I let them be more involved in my life back then, and now they don’t know the people who I care about. This is definitely a sign that I should spend more time with them and introduce my friends to them– I shall add that to my new year’s resolution.

Childhood friendships were a lot more innocent and simpler. I think I’m lucky to have two close friends from back then, now (SL, PT). Both live in the States now, but even that hasn’t gotten in the way of us being there for each other and keeping in touch. I love that. Every new year, I reflect on the people I care about and love and it surprises me how many years has gone by in those truly meaningful friendships: ER, MW, KL, KZ, ML. They have been there always, without fail, year after year. They are people I see less than once a month, but who’re always on the same page as me when we do find time to meet up and catch up. They are people I want in my life well past college. I love them. There was never any doubt about that, or of our trust.

I am a very lucky, blessed girl, and I have so much to look forward to this year (and onwards). For that fact, I still say prayers of thanks.