Here I am

Posted by: | February 25, 2012 | Leave a Comment

Here I am, sitting in my room researching on a host of assessment scales and tests to measure four variables, which would hypothetically allow me to evaluate the effectiveness of an intervention treatment for ADHD students. I’ve read through maybe 20 papers so far.. and though it feels like I sort of know what I’m writing about, I don’t think I fully understand all the statistical jargon which I’m supposed to compare and assess.

I definitely did not think I would be doing this, four years ago. Sometimes it feels like I’m fluking through my undergraduate degree. As if the ideas and conclusions I make in each paper I write are all BS. Which I know they aren’t. But sometimes, I cannot help but doubt my own accomplishments.

Today I wrote my very first reference recommendation for someone. I feel like I deserve a pat on the back from myself, recognizing that I’ve come at least far enough in my leadership to vouch for someone else on their way to where I stand now.

Back to research…. I am so glad I took this Clinical Psychology class. Now, I know for sure that I do not want to go to graduate school to study psychology.