Skip navigation

129141b86801476b32af676e5f2a7413

This is my blog post commenting onĀ one of my friend’s posts.

What comes to your mind if I say cosmetics? Some would say Maybelline, Tresemme, Avon or maybe even L’Oreal. This article tells us about how L’oreal is picking a new method of marketing to improve their sales. They are now focusing to build an emotional attachment with their customers with enough facts telling them not to perfect on their products anymore.

I have a different opinion and I feel that this is not a good way for them to establish product differentiation and find some sort of cutting edge over people. If I have learnt anything from my life, it is that never play with anyone’s emotions. Actions have consequences and if L’Oreal does establish some sort of emotional connection with its customers and lets their customers down in the future, their profits and sales will drop twice as fast as they were built.

We all know about the relationship Blackberry built with their customers, in the end they let the consumers down and in the recent years, their sales have fallen dramatically. If L’Oreal tries to do the same and lets its customers down, Blackberry will approach them and do what is mention in the picture on the bottom right.

We all know the amount of competition that L’Oreal has with other cosmetic brands such as Avon, Lancome, Dove and the list goes on and on. If they omit a huge part of trying to perfect their product, they will lose out on sales while trying to build a relationship which will be difficult to cultivate and much rather difficult to maintain. Just like a fragile glass, that relationship can be shattered into pieces.images