How might the concepts of resurgence/resilience frame digital resources, websites, and other content curated by Indigenous peoples?

***This post was initially entered in the discussion thread on Oct. 2nd, 2016. I’ve reposted it here to ensure that I have properly archived it. It is my “statement connecting my weblog to my research interest”.

I’ve been thinking about this topic over the last several weeks as we have worked our way through the first Module.  The tensions outlined by Marker, Hare, and others have made for a rich considertation as to the implications of digital technologies for Indigenous peoples–young and old. With this in mind, I would like my research paper to do the following:

To begin, I would define how the concepts of resilience and resurgence are currently be used by some Indigenous scholars. From there, I would apply these understandings to the exisitng class weblog to consider how these concepts may inform the various resources either directly or indirectly.  So, my methods for this research paper would be to a) work with a part of the digital archive created by the class’ weblog, and b) to apply a discourse analysis to how these notions of resilience and resrugence are being taken up.

In writing my intention with this research paper, I recognize that this topic/ question may need to be further revised in order to make it more manegeable. Some possible avenues to do so could include focusing on either resilience or resurgence as well as outlinining a specific time frame for which I would go through the archives. For example, I could look at this weblog between 2013-2015.

I’m looking forward to this project, and very open to any suggestions 🙂

a