Marketing a Video for Marketing

Video is a powerful medium. That is when used in the right hands, anyway. In the wrong hands it is painfully tedious. Therefore, for a professor to assign a video presentation to intro marketing students could justifiably be considered masochism by most outsiders. Whether this is the case for 296 with Tamar well, that I am not in a fair position to judge. I am better equipped to judge that the video produced by my group this term does fall short of abject self-flagellation. In fact, I believe that despite the ruthless outpouring of information about Apple and it’s marketing plans for China we managed to also provide a modicum of entertainment. Perhaps I am just biased by the process of making it. I actually enjoyed how our team pulled together and shot a video one fine sunny afternoon.
I think that this term we actually worked pretty well as a team, in fact. There were certainly varying skill-sets and we had our share of adversity with illnesses, vacations, family commitments, unaccommodating schedules and stress. It were these issues that upon reflection really give me a sense of appreciation for each of my fellow team members, though. When called upon each of us stepped up and there were definitely times when more was asked or less was required for each of us. In the end if we did not do as well on an assignment as we would have liked, we re-evaluated and took corrective action so that we could succeed going forward. I knew that each of us cared and would contribute when called upon to try do better going forward and frankly, I am proud of what we did.

Enjoy