Post Practicum Reflection: A Multitude of Thanks

My “Journey of Knowing” presentation.

When we first met with CTLT, I was a little bit confused as to what we were supposed to do.  However, it ended up being one of my favourite experiences of this whole program.  Since I am in the primary cohort, it was nice to work in a higher learning environment.  I am now confident that I can work with people of any age group.  I also felt like the skills that I acquired from my B.A. in English Literature and the B.Ed. program transferred nicely to CTLT.  It was valuable to see how an education degree could be useful in a place completely different from the classroom.

Dani & Olivia

Apart from learning practical things at CTLT (creating online resources, e-portfolios, etc.), the depth of learning that I experienced at CTLT was astounding.  I did not expect to be affected so deeply in such a personal way.  I met individuals who were so giving and selfless in the way that they did their work, and those are qualities that any teacher candidate would be lucky to witness in a professional environment.  Also, I am now much more comfortable with technology.  Technology used in the right way can be extremely beneficial to students, educators and other professionals.

I could foresee teacher candidates being a little tentative about this placement because the duties that are expected of them may seem a little ambiguous at first.  However, I would strongly suggest that future candidates tap into their adaptability and keep an open mind.  Any moment is a learning moment.  I honestly feel like Olivia and I got lucky and discovered a cave full of treasure being placed at CTLT.  It is an intellectually and emotionally stimulating environment that any TC would be lucky to be placed in.  I am so grateful to the CTLT team and all that they have done for me and my learning.

PDF of my presentation: Journey of Knowing-Snapshot of a Life-Long Process

1 Comment

Filed under Identity, Reflecting, Teaching

One Response to Post Practicum Reflection: A Multitude of Thanks

1. Lucas

Great post, it is wonderful to hear that the practicum was valuable for you. It was an incredible experience for us to work with you and Olivia and I learned a lot from both of you in the last three weeks.

L