Re:Pizza Hut Sketches Art Masterpieces on Pizza Boxes Live on YouTube Well, not all the results are cheesy By Gabriel Beltrone

http://www.adweek.com/adfreak/pizza-hut-sketches-art-masterpieces-pizza-boxes-live-youtube-148379

This post is in response to the above post in adweek.com. Personally I found this marketing strategy to be really nice and creative. Instead of directly marketing/promoting the product that Pizza Hut sells – pizzas, it uses the packaging that comes with it for this marketing strategy.

Pizza Hut hosted a livestreaming event of an artist drawing different images that are suggested by internet users on the pizza box.

This strategy is very creative to me because it provides fresh and fun interactive opportunities for its potential customers by allowing them to “order” the drawings that they want on pizza box. I found this to be a very clever and effective strategy as well. The fact that there are so many competitors in the pizza market for Pizza Hut, it may not be the most beneficial for them to spend resources to further advertise their pizza since it can only differentiate to a certain extend from the competitors. However, by doing this advertising event, it can build its reputation while providing entertainments/joys that aren’t from their direct products, giving a fresh perspective of the company from its potential customers. The livestream lasted for seven and a half hours, if I were watching this livestream, I would certainly order some food from Pizza Hut and I believe many people had done that while watching the livestream. I strongly believe this has been a very successful advertising event!