Another year

It’s been a while since I last posted something. I just forget about this blog now and then. Anyways, this is almost my last year at UBC and honestly I don’t feel so great about it. There are so many things I feel like I haven’t taken advantage of or accomplished and this just makes me really sad. I Hope that in the next 2 terms I have left I can accomplish way more. I also hate how I always can find something to write about on my personal blog but I’m not creative enough to write for my other assignments. I’ve just been feeling super blah lately and haven’t had the energy to do school work. I’ve been thinking a lot about grad school and how sucky my grades are compared to the grades we need. I’ve been almost on the verge of giving up my career choice and just go and work for retail….however if I do that I would just be accepting my own defeat. I’ve always been interested in psychology and always felt the need to listen to people and give advice. Honestly, I can’t picture my life without working for something related to counselling. I want to help others  in every possible way. The mind is a powerful tool and it’s often abused. I want to induce people to think positively and cancel out all the negative loops they find themselves in. I want them to be able to use the mind in a healthy and positive way, away from all the destructive thinking. This is what keeps me going and hopefully someday I actually reach my goal as a counsellor.