5 Years Later, I’ve Graduated from UBC (2017 Update)

by Di (Dina) Lu ~ August 13th, 2017. Filed under: Uncategorized.

I realized that when I Google my name Dina Lu, this website is one of the first results.

I created this blog five years ago for a course called Business Fundamentals in my very first semester of first year in university. I thought it would be a good idea to update this blog so that people who search for me don’t think I’m still in first year.

I graduated from the Sauder School of Business in May with a Bachelor of Commerce in Finance and International Business. I clearly remember in first year when I was taking Business Fundamentals and writing this blog, I had no idea what I wanted to do. Five years later, I now have a much better idea of where I want to go in my career, as well as who I am as a person. Seven weeks ago, I started a full-time role with the British Consulate General in Vancouver. It’s pretty awesome so far, and I would love chat further with you about this. You can connect with me on LinkedIn.

Blogging has been a huge part of my life for the past 12 years, and this UBC blog is one of the eight blogs I’ve created. After second year of univeristy, I went to Kenya for two months and documented my experience in my Kenya blog. In my third year, I started dinaludi.com as a platform where I could share my thoughts, experiences, and advice about travel and university life. Today, I still use that blog as a place where I can share interesting things that are happening in my life.

My experience at UBC was definitely rewarding and valuable. Life’s a journey and I can’t wait for all the exciting things that I can be a part of in the future.