BIOGRAPHY

My name is Eva Ruiz and I grew up in Cupertino California. I come from a family of six people, which contains my parents, my older brother, myself, and my two younger sisters. Some of my favorite things in the world are sunny days, which in Vancouver is rare, and the taste of cold chocolate milk.

I am currently a Psychology major with a Biology minor studying at the University of British Columbia. I am working as a part-time Behavioural Interventionist to help kids with Autism interact socially and enhance their ability to eventually live on their own. I volunteer with a variety of clubs ranging from helping seniors with their technological questions with UBC cyber seniors to helping recruit people for the bone marrow registry in Canada with UBC Blood for Life. I have previously worked as a lifeguard and as an assistant in a Physical Therapy Clinic. In the future, I would like to pursue a career in Physical Therapy, helping people not only recover from injuries but also gain mobility that they previously might not have had. This career path ties with my passion for fitness which I work on both physically and mentally every day. I am currently studying to become a personal trainer, which would not only help me execute my goals more efficiently but could also help others. My passion is to improve people’s quality of life, whether that is helping them with their most basic questions, such as answering an email or helping them achieve physical feats they previously thought impossible.