SEARCH

Blogroll

Events

April 2013
M T W T F S S
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
2930  

May 6 – Introducing Prof Lynn Mario de Souza‏

This is just a brief note to introduce Prof Lynn Mario de Souza from the University of Sao Paulo (USP), who will visit UBC from 3 to 7 May. I have had the pleasure of working in collaboration with Prof de Souza for the past 12 years, researching, teaching, learning, and publishing together internationally. One of his doctoral students has just applied to spend a period at UBC and we hope a formal partnership with UBC will be formalized soon, so that doctoral students here can also choose to spend some time at USP. As a mentor, Lynn has thought me about the joys and importance of nurturing vibrant and challenging intellectual communities, and to always look at things ‘differently’, which, I think has something to do with his own very intriguing background. I will not attempt to describe his area of research here – I am sending you a sample of his work instead.

You are all warmly invited to join us on May 6 at 12:30 pm at the Ponderosa G lounge. Lynn will also be available to meet students from 3 to 4:30 pm on the same day.